Taking on a remodel or addition can be overwhelming, especially when unexpected challenges arise. To ensure your project goes smoothly, hire a licensed electrician to oversee and conduct all electrical work. Hiring an experienced electrician at the beginning of a major project can save a lot of headache later on.
Licensed electricians utilize their expertise to:
- Do it right the first time: Whether the safety codes have changed or the addition requires additional circuits, a licensed electrician will wire the project correctly the first time. It is always better to start with a professionally completed job than to need to fix a failed attempt.
- Keep you safe now and in the future: Electrical work can be complicated and dangerous, especially if you are unfamiliar with the equipment. Failing to shut off the correct breaker can cause a shock now and a faulty connection could lead to a fire later. Know you are protected long after the last light bulb is in place and hire an electrician from the start.
- Pull a Permit when it is required: Our Electricians know when a permit is required. Having a permit for your electrical project will serve you well when you need to sell your house. Failure to get a permit can haunt you.
- Upgrade or install new circuits: If your remodel includes new appliances such as a subzero freezer, over the stove microwave, or a high-end range, they will likely require dedicated electrical circuits which will need to be professionally installed. An addition will also require new circuits and wiring to service the entire area.
- Suggest fresh ideas and determine appropriate equipment: Would you like heated bathroom floors? How about outlets with USB ports? There are new options available all the time and it is a professional’s job to stay updated on them. An electrician can provide you with all the information on any new tech or equipment that may suit your space.