Mini Split Ductless Air Conditioners and Air Conditioning Systems are a fairly recent addition in the world of air conditioning systems. There are many types of mini split products available the most simple of which are single and multi-zone systems.
Single Zone typically means a single room application. Multi-Zone typically means a system for an whole house or commercial space. In terms of function a mini split system is similar to a heat pump and fan coil combination but the end result is accomplished by locating the cooling / heating coil inside the area that needs to be cooled or heated.
Benefits of Mini Split Systems
- Ultra efficient, therefore environmentally friendly
- Less expensive to install because
- no ductwork (or very little ductwork)
- short runs of coolant tubing
- Less wiring / shorter runs of wiring
- Easier to install (wall mount, ceiling mount)
- Extremely quiet
- Only heat or cool specific spaces that need it.
Wentzel’s Heating and air can install and maintain mini-split systems of all types.